Makes 10 Scones
- 3 cups self raising flour white flour.
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup lemonade (preservative, additive and colour free e.g. schweppes lemonade)
Pre-heat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- Put the flour, cream and lemonade together in a bowl and mix.
- When the mixture is ready the bowl will look clean and you will have a ball of very soft dough.
- Gently flatten on a board and cut into circles using the top of a standard water glass.
- Cook in oven for 15 minutes.
- Optional Beat egg and mix with milk, and paint tops with milk and egg wash before putting in the oven.
Picture: Scones made by Julia February 2016