- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3 tbsp suitable oil or Ghee
- 4 spring onions (white stems), finely sliced
- 4 eggs beaten
1. Cook the rice following pack instructions, then drain, spread it out to steam-dry and set aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large wok over a high heat, Add the rice and 3 spring onions stir and toast for about 3 mins, then move to the side of the pan.
3. Add the remaining oil, then tip in the egg mixture. Leave to cook a little, then mix in with the rice – stir vigorously to coat the grains or, if you prefer the egg chunkier, allow to set for a little longer before breaking up and stirring through. Tip into a serving bowl and scatter over the additional sliced spring onion to serve.
- The photo and recipe is from BBC Good Food The recipe has been adapted to make friendlier. Original recipe can be found at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/egg-fried-rice –