Makes around 30 small cookies
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 cup(60g) unprocessed rice bran
- 3/4 cup(60g) rolled traditional oats (not quick oats)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 6og butter, chopped or No Dairy Spread (e.g. Nuttelex)
- 1/2 cup(110g) caster sugar
- 1 egg or egg replacer for No egg
- 2 tbsp water, approximately
- Process flour, bran, oats, bicarb soda and butter or dairy free spread until crumbly; add sugar, egg (or egg replacer) and enough of the water to make a firm dough. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth; cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan). Grease oven trays; line trays with baking paper.
- Divide dough in half; roll each half between sheets of baking paper into a 5mm thickness. Cut dough into 7cm rounds; place on trays 2cm apart. Bake about 15 minutes. Stand biscuits on trays for 5 minutes before transfering to wire racks to cool.