For 2 people you need the following ingredients
- 2 x 150g fresh white fish without bones
- 150g cooked white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot (S), cut into fine sticks
- 100g fine green beans
- 1 tablespoon of canola or other suitable oil
- 2 tablespoons Nuttelex or other suitable DF spread (can use butter for dairy allowed)
- 1/4 teaspoon of citric acid and 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh chives (NB chives are easy to grow)
Optional: serve with suitable home made mayonnaise or home made garlic mayonaise
Note for a more liberal diet, can add sliced zuchinni (S) and use 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (A)(S) instead of citric acid and water.
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry the carrot and beans for 3-4 minutes. Divide between 2 sheets baking paper or foil. (note can use half oil and half butter if you wish)
2. Place fish on top, season with a little salt then add potatoes
3. In pan carrot and beans were cooked in, melt butter (or Nutellex or other suitable dairy free spread) on low heat, add citric acid and chives. Drizzle this mixture over fish and vegetables
3. Fold paper or foil and seal edges. Bake in preheated oven 200°C, 180°C Fan,for 12-15 mins until fish is cooked.
This recipe was inspired by a recipe found here https://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/maille/fish_en_papillotte_with_aioli.html
The non adapted version (pictured) should be tolerated by those who are less sensitive – liberal diet.