- 1 large swede , peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp of canola or rice bran oil
- 1 large leek or 2 small leeks
- 2 CARROTS , finely sliced
- 1 stalk celery finely sliced.
- 1 clove clove garlic
- 1 litre of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of single cream (optional)
- Heat oil on medium heat . Add leek and cook until soft, about 5 to 10 minutes. Then add the chopped garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped swede and carrots and cook for ten minutes, making sure to stir frequently, to avoid the vegetables being burnt.
- Add water and salt and bring the liquid to the boil in the saucepan.
- Once the soup is boiling, reduce the heat and cook for a further 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are nice and soft.
- Once everything is cooked, blend the mixture either in a food processor or with a hand held blender – this will make the soup lovely and thick.
- Finally, season to taste with extra salt if desired.