Serves 4 as a side
- 1 large CARROT cut in strips about 2.5 cm long (1 inch)
- 1 choko cut into strips about 2.5 cm long
- 2 spring onion/shallot stem thinly sliced
- 20 SNOW PEAS (5 per person)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp of non gm canola oil or rice bran oil
- Salt to season
In a large pain over high heat add carrots, choko and water, once it comes to the boil,Once it comes to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer; continue to cook for about 8 minutes, until vegetables are almost tender.
Uncover, raise heat to a medium-high and let water evaporate.
Add oil and garlic.
Let cook for 5 minutes, while stirring frequently, or until vegetables are lightly browned.
Stir in spring onion and snow peas
Continue to cook for 3 minutes