contains dairy and gluten
- 1 Cup of plain flour
- 3/4 cup of self raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda (bi carb)
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (about 125 grams)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Carob Buttons
- Optional swap to white chocolate (Nestle Milky bar is low, most white chocolates are not)
- Optional can use chocolate if amines are tolerated (Liberal ED3 only)
Preheat oven to 180
Blend sugar, butter, and vanilla well, then mix in egg
Mix in Flours and Baking Soda (bicarb)
Fold carob chips or white chocolate pieces into the mixture.
Roll mixture into about 3 cm balls, and press down slightly in the middle as placed on a lined baking tray
Bake for about 6 minutes or until just golden – take out before too cooked as they will cook further once removed from the oven, and harden a bit as they cool down. These cookies should not be crunchy.
If amines are not a concern for you, you can use dairy milk or dark chocolate chips in the recipe.