Contains higher Amines
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 tbs butter (or dairy free alternative e.g. Nuttelex
- 1 egg (or egg replacer)
- 3 medium BANANAS, mashed (not over ripe – amines increase)
- 225g plain flour or spelt flour or Gluten Free plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 tbs milk (or dairy free alternative – soy or rice milk)
- pinch of salt.
- 125g unsalted butter, slightly softened (or suitable dairy free alternative e.g. Nuttelex
- 1 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tbs milk (or water or dairy free alternative – soy or rice milk)
- 2 tbs maple syrup – must be pure, do not use imitation
1 Preheat oven to 180°c and line your muffin tray with large cupcake cases.
2 In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3 In another mixing bowl, add butter or dairy free spread (V), sugar and vanilla – cream together using an electric mixer on medium to high until light, fluffy and pale yellow.
4 Add egg or egg replacer, mixing in well.
5 Add mashed bananas and whisk well. Add the flour mixture and the milk (or rice milk or soy milk for dairy free). Mix well.
6 Divide the mixture into the cases. Bake in oven for 20 minutes, remove and allow to cool completely.
Now for the icing.
In a mixing bowl, add butter or dairy free alternative (e.g. Nuttelex) and using an electric mixer beat on medium until pale (about a few minutes).
Gradually add icing sugar and milk or df milk alternative ) – beat constantly until combined and fluffy. Add maple syrup.
Ice cupcakes when cooled