Contains gluten and dairy
Serves 12 – 16 people
- 250g scotch finger biscuits, or can make your own GF cookies to crush up for base)
- 60g butter, melted or ghee
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbs plain flour (can use all purpose gluten free flour)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 270g caster sugar
- 125g creme fraiche or sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
(Allow +4 hours chilling time)
Preheat oven to 160C. Lightly grease a 20cm round springform cake pan. Line base with baking paper.
Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add melted butter, then process until mixture resembles wet sand.
Pour mixture into prepared pan and press over base and 4cm up the side. Refrigerate until required.
Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Beat in flour and salt. Beat in sugar, sour cream and vanilla until well combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until just combined. Pour mixture into pan over biscuit base.
Bake for 45 minutes or until just set, but still has a slight wobble in the centre. Turn off oven and open door about 10cm. Cool cheesecake in oven, then refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.