- 4 x 100g (approx.) fresh white fish fillets
- ¼ cup plain flour or for GF – Rice Flour
- 1 egg
- 1-1 ½ cups Panko bread crumbs or for GF – Rice Crumbs
- 20g butter or suitable dairy free spread.
- 1 Tbsp Suitable oil
- Pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels. Break the egg onto a dinner sized plate and beat it with 1 tablespoon of water. Place the crumbs onto another plate.
- Coat one fillet in the flour, and then dip in the beaten egg. Finally coat the fish in the crumbs and place on a clean plate. Repeat with remaining fish. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes before cooking.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan over moderate heat. Place the fish in the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, turning once during cooking, until crumbs are golden and fish is cooked.
- Wedges and green beans or if not too sensitive to MSG/Glutamate GREEN PEAS and a combo of beans and PEAS
- Wedges and Coleslaw
- Steamed Potato and Green beans
This recipe is originally from Food in Minutes. (adapted to make low chemical – low salicylate, amine and glutamate)
Note for low fodmap – use GF options, can serve with Wedges and green beans, and up to 1/4 cup of GREEN PEAS.