Contains dairy, gluten free option.
Makes 24 serves
This slice can be made a head of time for an event and frozen. You can also pre-cut slice and freeze in small portions to enjoy at your convenience as a treat.
1 & 1/2 cups of plain flour (optional: gluten free flour)
1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
125 g melted butter
2 x 395 g cans of sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup golden syrup
100 g butter
120 g Nestle Milky bar white chocolate (no other white chocolate is failsafe/friendly)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a rectangle pan with baking paper
- Combine all base ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and cool.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook whisking, for 10 minutes or until golden. Pour over base and bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- Break up white chocolate and place into heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and then quickly pour over the caramel. Refrigerate until set.
- Cut into bars or squares to serve. To avoid cracking the chocolate heat up the knife by running under warm water, wipe dry and then cut quickly.