This side dish serves 4
- 500 g green beans, trimmed
- 500 g Brussels sprouts trimmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon of oil (rice bran or canola)
- 1/4 teaspoon of Citric Acid
- 2 tablespoons of raw cashew nuts chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped chive or parsely (or combo)
- Salt for seasoning
- Cook the sprouts and beans in a pan of boiling salted water for 3 mins, then drain well.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- When hot, add the garlic, and cashews, cook for a few seconds
- Add the beans and brussels and toss until heated
- Add herbs at the end
- season with a little salt