Moderate Salicylates, Contains dairy
Serves 4 as a side
- 1 tbsp suitable oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 leeks (sliced: white part only)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 500g white potatoes, peeled and julienned
- 1 medium purple sweet potato, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup of cream
- ½ cup of suitable milk
- Preheat oven to 180Co (200Co for non-fan forced)
- Melt oil and butter in a frying pan and add the leek and garlic. Sautee for 5 minutes until softened. Turn off pan to let leek mixture cool slightly.
- Combine the leek mixture, potatoes, and sweet potato in a buttered 1.5L shallow ovenproof dish and season with salt.
- Mix the cream and milk together and pour over the dish
- Bake for 1 hour until the vegetable are tender and the top golden.
Friendly recipe makeover by Liam