Sweet Potato Fish Cakes (S)(A)
For this recipe you need
- 400g SWEET POTATO * , peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 4000g firm white fish fillets (such as hoki or ling)
- 1 spring onion , finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 1/4 cup of GREEN PEAS # (optional)
- Rice Flour
- Oil for cooking
- Steam, boil or microwave sweet potato for 8–10 minutes, or until just tender; drain well. Transfer to a bowl, mash roughly with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, steam or grill fish for 6–8 minutes, or until just cooked through. Set aside to cool, then flake fish with a fork.
- Once cooled mixed sweet potato and fish together with the garlic and spring onion (and PEAS # if using).
- Shape into patties and coat with rice flour,
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Pan fry the fish cakes for 2–3 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
Serve with coleslaw or other suitable salad
- Contains moderate salicylate (*) and moderate glutamate (#) foods
- For low glutamate leave out peas
- For low salicylate swap sweet potato to peeled white potato