Schnitzel with roast veggie wedges (S)
This recipe has been made over from a recipe found at healthfood.com. Leave beetroot out for low fodmaps
- 2 large beetroot, trimmed, peeled, cut in wedges (1) (S)
- 500 grams of orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into wedges (S)
- 2 large carrots, peeled cut into thick lengths (S)
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup of quinoa flakes
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives or parsley or mixture
- 4 x 125g lean schnitzels – chicken, beef or veal
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
Serve with green beans or suitable greeen leaf salad
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place beetroot and sweet potato wedges on tray with carrots and spray with oil spray. Bake veges for 25-30 minutes, or until tender and golden.
Meanwhile, put rice flour on a plate. Whisk egg and 1 tablespoon water in a bowl. Combine quinoa with herbs on a separate plate. Dip a piece of beef into flour, then into egg mixture, and then finally into quinoa mixture. Place beef on a plate. Repeat this process with remaining beef to make 4 crumbed schnitzels.
Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add schnitzels and cook for 2-3 min utes per side, or until golden.
For original recipe go to https://www.healthyfood.com/healthy-recipes/beef-schnitzel-with-roast-vege-wedges/