Roast Sweet Potato and Garlic Soup (S)
Moderate Salicylates (for lower salicylates serve in a small cup, instead of having a bowl)
For this recipe you need
- 2 small to medium orange SWEET POTATO (S) skin on
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of suitable oil
- 1 leek
- Salt to taste
- 3 to 4 cups of water or suitable home made stock
1.Preheat oven to about 180 celcius Wash the sweet potatoes, pierce them a few times with a fork, then cover them individually with foil. Wrap the garlic cloves in foil and place on a baking sheet with the potatoes and bake until tender, about 45 minutes.
2. Remove the potatoes from the oven and once cool enough to handle, peel off the skin. It will come off easily. Take the garlic out of their skins.
3. In a medium pot heat the oil and the leek. Cook over medium heat, until translucent and soft, about 5 – 8 minutes. Add the baked sweet potato, garlic, and 3 cups of water. Sprinkle with salt and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Puree the soup.