Serves 4 as a side dish
- 150g quinoa pronounced keen wah or brown rice GF or small pasta like orzo or risoni
- 1 cup of CARROT , coarsely grated
- 1 cup of fresh BEETROOT ) coarsely grated
- handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of citric acid and 1 tablespoon of water te i.e. 1/4 tsp of citric acid
- 2 tbsp suitable oil
- 1 tsp suitable sweetener
- cook the quinoa or pasta as per packet instructions. Drain, toss in a splash of oil to stop it sticking, and leave to cool.
- Mix together over ingredients.
- Toss quinoa and other ingredients together, but do not over mix particularly if you are using pasta.
Nice served with grilled fish.