Potato, Leek and Choko Fritters
- 650 g (approx 2 large) white potatoes peeled and grated
- 1 ripe choko peeled and grated
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped leek (white only)
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1 tablespoon Canola, sunflower or rice bran for cooking
- Salt for seasoning
Mix together vegetables
Add the egg and beat for a further 30 seconds.
Place the mixture in a bowl and sift in flour. Fold the flour into the mixture and season with a little salt
Heat oil in fry pan. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time into the fry pan. Flatten with the back of a spoon and cook on either side until golden brown.