For a Gluten free and Dairy free version see recipe in RPAH Allergy Unit Friendly Food Cookbook
For this version you need
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives sliced
- 1 1/4 cup of self raising flour (sifted), or GF flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup of canola or rice bran oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 medium sized white potatoe peeled washed and dried – then grated by hand or in a food processor (and squashed to remove excess moisture)
- 1 cup of cottage cheese *
- Combine ingredients in bowl. Only grate potato and put into mixture close to cooking.
- Place mixture in a greased pyrex dish or other suitable
- Cook at moderate temperature (180 C) for 45 minutes.
Note *if on a low salicylate diet only, you can use other cheese, but not for intolerance to amines.