Marinated Chicken with Chickpeas
- 500 grams of chicken tenders or chicken breast, cut into tender strip sizes
- 1 tablespoon rice bran or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 scallions (shallot) stems sliced
- 400g can chickpeas, drained,
- 1/2 cup of home made chicken stock (or 1/2 cup water and 1 teaspoon of salt)
- 1/4 of teaspoon of citric acid (can increase up to 1/2 teaspoon if you wish)
- Salt for seasoning
- Combine chicken, oil, parsley and garlic in a glass or ceramic bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 3 to 5 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add sliced spring onion and chickpeas to pan. Cook for 2 minutes. A
- Add the chicken stock and citric acid. Bring to the boil.
- Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and chickpeas are heated.
- Season with salt