Pear and Mixed Bean Salad
Serves 4 (side dish), Serves 2 (as main)
- 6 Canned Pears halves (in syrup) drained and chopped
- 1 cup 3 cm sliced, cooked green beans (don’t over cook, it is nice with a bit of crunch)
- 2 spring onions (scallions), chopped
- 2x 125 gram or 1 x 300 gram can of mixed beans rinsed (I use Edgell)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded red cabbage (I use a potato peeler to do this)
- 1/4 cup sunflower or canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon citric acid
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1small garlic clove crushed
- 1/4 cup of water
1 Place Salad Ingredients in a large bowl, toss gently.
The dressing is quite tart and savoury on its own, but when combined with the salad, compliments the sweetness of the pear nicely.
This is inspired by the RPAH Allergy Unit Bean and Pear Salad from the Friendly Food Cookbook.