Oat Bran and banana Pancakes (A)
Moderate amines per serve
Makes 12 pancakes (Serves 6)
- 1 cup (100g) wheat free rolled oats (gluten free, but may not be suitable for Celiac)
- 1/3 cup (40g) wheat free unprocessed oat bran
- 3/4 cup (100g) rice flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 1½ (150g) not over ripe
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of rice milk (can use lactose free milk or standard milk if dairy is tolerated)
- 2 tsp GF baking powder
- 1 small pinch salt
- suitable df spread, oil (or butter if tolerated) for cooking.
- optional 1/2 tsp cinnamon (medium salicylates/serve)
- Blend dry ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Add the bananas, eggs and mix.
- Gradually pour in the rice milk (or Milk choice if dairy tolerated) whilst blending. Stop when the mixture has a slightly runny consistency. Add more milk or rice milk if required.
- Rest batter for 15 mins. Note that the mixture will thicken during resting so add more milk if it is too thick to spoon into a frypan.
- Heat suitable dairy free spread, oil (or butter) in a frypan over a medium heat.
- Spoon the mixture (about 2 tbsp per pancake) into the frypan
- Cook until bubbles start to form on the top (reduce the heat if required to prevent burning).
- Flip and cook ~ 1 min on the other side (pancakes should be golden on both sides).
- * Bananas can be high amine especially when over ripe. At levels per serve amines are relatively low.
- ** Do not add cinnamon for low salicylate diet.