Moderate salicylates (lower salicylate – a cup of soup, rather than a bowl)
- 2 tablespoons of suitable oil (e.g. canola, rice bran, sunflower)
- 1 leek finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed 0R – 3/4 cup of dried chickpeas, presoaked, cooked and rinsed
- 300g CARROTS peeled and roughly chopped
- 400 g ORANGE SWEET POTATO peeled and chopped
- 6 cups stock (home made with suitable ingredients)
Stir in stock and chickpeas. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until vegetables are very tender (about 45 minutes).
Using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth. Gently heat until hot. Season with salt to taste. Ladle into serving bowls
TIP: To lower salicylates have a cup of soup, rather than a bowl of this soup.