Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup with chickpeas (S)
- 2 tablespoons of suitable oil (e.g. canola, rice bran, sunflower)
- 1 leek finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves ,
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed 0R – 3/4 cup of dried chickpeas, presoaked, cooked and rinsed
- 300g CARROTS * peeled and roughly chopped
- 400 g ORANGE SWEET POTATO * peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken or home made veg stock (home made with suitable ingredients)
Stir in stock and chickpeas. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until vegetables are very tender (about 45 minutes).
Using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth. Gently heat until hot. Season with salt to taste. Ladle into serving bowls
Tip: a cup of this soup (instead of a bowl) may be more suitable for some people as it is lower in salicylates.