Moderate salicylates (lower salicylate – a cup of soup, rather than a bowl)
- 2 tablespoons of suitable oil (e.g. canola, rice bran, sunflower)
- 1 leek finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed 0R – 3/4 cup of dried chickpeas, presoaked, cooked and rinsed
- 300g CARROTS peeled and roughly chopped
- 400 g ORANGE SWEET POTATO peeled and chopped
- 6 cups stock (home made with suitable ingredients)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add garlic and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Stir in stock and chickpeas. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until vegetables are very tender (about 45 minutes).
Using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth. Gently heat until hot. Season with salt to taste. Ladle into serving bowls
TIP: To lower salicylates have a cup of soup, rather than a bowl of this soup.