For stir fry
- 500 grams of lamb back strap or lamb rump steaks thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed and sliced
- 100 grams of green breans, trimmed and sliced (about 2 cm)
- 3 spring onions (scallions) diagonally sliced (2 to 3 cm)
- 2 tablespoons of rice bran or canola oil for cooking
- 3 tablespoons of cashew paste store bought (e.g. Melrose or Macro) or homemade
- 1/4 teaspoon of citric acid
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of golden syrup
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 spring onion (scallion) sliced very finely
- Make sauce by blending all the ingredients together, add a little water if too thick
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frypan or wok, stir fry lamb until lightly brown all over, remove lamb from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil, add the celery and garlic and stirfry for a minute (or longer if you want your celery to be a bit softer)
- Return lamb to the pan with the spring onion.
- Once heated toss through add the sauce
- Optional add a 1/4 cup of cashews (raw)
Serve with white rice.