Serves 4 as a side, or 2 as a main.
- 1 ½ cups peeled and cubed sweet potato (S) (about 1 cm)
- 2 teaspoons rice bran oil or canola oil
- 2 cups water or suitable homemade stock
- 1 cup uncooked Tri-Color or Red Quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 cup shredded kale (SS), ribs removed
- Tangy Maple dressing (up to 1/2 cup) or other sutiable dressing
- ¼ cup sliced spring onion (shallot stem) (1)
- ¼ cup sliced raw cashews (2)
Preheat oven to 220 C/200 C for fan forced.
Toss sweet potato cubes with oil and place in a single, even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for about 10 minutes. Stir and continue roasting for another 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork-tender and edges are just starting to brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring water or stock to boil. Add the rinsed Quinoa, and return to boil. and reduce heat to medium and simmer until water is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff, cover, and let stand for 15 minutes.
In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa, roasted sweet potato, shredded kale, and Tangy Maple Dressing (or other suitable). Toss until mixed well
Top with sliced spring onion, and raw cashews. Chill or serve at room temperature. As desired.
(1) use green tips of spring onion only
(2) leave out cashews, or swap to almonds (Amines !) – up to 10 almonds per person is low fodmap