- 2 tablespoons suitable oil
- 1 leek (sliced white only)
- 1 pound 500 grams rib eye or scotch fillet steak, cut into 1-inch pieces (trimmed of visible fat)
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 2 large CARROT* peeled and diced
- 1 small green cabbage chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups of homemade veal or chicken stock made with suitable ingredients
- Optional a sprinkling of parsley
Add the celery and carrots to the pan, mixing through the flavours in the pot. Cook while mixing occasionally for about 3-4 minutes, then add the cabbage and cook for a further 5 minutes until beginning to soften; add in the garlic, and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute), mixing all ingredients through.
Add the stock Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium-low and cover, with a lid.
Serve warm with a sprinkle of fresh parsley (if desired).