- 2 chicken breasts cut into nugget piece sizes
- ½ cup besan chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp GF cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder and a Pinch of salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup sparkling mineral water
- Rice Bran or Canola oil for frying
Mix the besan flour, cornflour and baking powder together in a bowl season with a pinch of salt. Make a well in the centre and pour in the beaten egg, whisk together slightly then add the sparkling mineral water. Whisk together until everything is combined and the batter resembles a pancake mixture.
Pour the oil into a deep pan so it reaches about 2-3cm up the sides. Heat it to about 180°C.
Dip the chicken pieces in the batter, drain off any excess, then carefully lower into the oil one by one. Fry until golden brown, then remove from the oil using a slotted spoon or mesh strainer and place on a rack to drain and cool slightly.