Dairy, Gluten – moderate salicylates
This is the recipe made famous in the 70’s by Lady Flo Bjelke-Petersens. These scones really are quite delicious.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed PUMPKIN * (cold) (see note 1)
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- Beat together butter, sugar and salt with electric mixer till light and fluffy.
- Add egg, then pumpkin and stir in the flour.
- Turn dough onto a floured board and cut into circles.
- Place on a tray on the top shelf of a very hot oven (225-250c) for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and serve with butter
For moderate salicylates us Butternut Pumpkin (squash)
Original Source of this recipe: http://www.abc.net.au/local/recipes/2013/06/11/3778932.htm