Contains dairy, GF optional
This pie Serves 6
- 1 Tbl suitable oil
- 20g butter or suitable df spread
- 700g chicken thigh chopped
- Garlic 1-2 Cloves
- 1 medium leek sliced (approx 1 cup)
- 2 Tbl flour (or 1 Tb of GF Cornflour)
- 1/2 cup homemade friendly stock (can use water instead!)
- 1/2 cup standard cream
- 1 Tbl chopped chives
- 1 sheet of Puff Pastry or home made short crust pastry, or gluten free and dairy free pie pastry, or gluten free (contains dairy) pastry.
Variation Instead of using stock and cream, use 1 cup of milk and stir in 2 tablespoons of Sour Cream.
1Pre heat oven to 180C
2Heat oil and butter in frying pan. Add chicken and cook for 5 mins until browned.
4Add Stock and cream and bring to boil then remove from heat. Add chives
5Place in pie dish and top with pastry
6Bake in oven for around 30 minutes until pastry cooked and golden.
Optional Home Made Pastry
This is a nice pastry if gluten is tolerated.
265g plain flour
125g butter or suitable df spread
1Place flour and chopped butter in food processor and process until it looks like breadcrumbs
2Add egg and process
3Add small amount water until dough starts to form ball in food processor
4Turn onto floured board, knead lightly until smooth then roll out into disc
5Refrigerate until required