A delicious slice, that is simple to make. Found at Sanitarium Australia Website.
- 3 ripe pears , peeled or 6 pear halves in syrup, finely diced
- 75g raw CASHEWS , roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 25g suitable dairy-free margarine
- 1 tbs golden syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (or equivalent egg replacer)
Place the pears, cashews, flour and brown sugar in a bowl and mix together.
Place the margarine and golden syrup in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until melted.
Gently stir golden syrup mixture and egg into the pear mixture.
Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm square tin and bake for 35-40 minutes at 180°C, or until golden and cooked through. Leave to cool in the tin before slicing.
Picture and recipe credit: https://www.sanitarium.com.au/recipes/a-z/pear-and-cashew-slice#method