Serves 4 – 6
- 2 teaspoons Non GM Canola Oil, rice bran oil or other suitable oil.
- 1 small leek halved, washed, cut into short, thin strips
- 2 celery sticks trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 cups CARROTS peeled, thinly sliced diagonally
- 60 g grass fed butter or dairy free spread
- 1/6 cup wheat free, gluten free cornflour (can use 1/3 cup of plain flour sifted if not gluten intolerant, or allergic to wheat)
- 6 cups BASIC chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves finely chopped (optional)
- Optional 1/3 cup thickened cream (not for dairy free)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek, celery and carrot. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt spread in saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Stir in flour. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in stock (and cream if using). Return to heat. Stir until mixture comes to the boil.
- Return vegetables to saucepan. Add chicken. Stir until warmed through. Stir in parsley. Ladle soup into bowls and serve.