For 4 people you will need
- 2 leeks sliced (white only)
- 1 Choko peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3 spring onions, sliced white only
- 2 cups diced pre – cooked chicken without skin (use leftover roast chicken or poached chicken) –
- 250g of rice noodles
- In a large saucepan add the oil, minced garlic and sliced leeks and cook on a low heat for about 8-10 minutes until they are golden and translucent. Add a little salt. Tip- Stir the leeks so that they don’t burn. (This is the step that really adds the flavour to the soup)
- Add in the chicken stock, choko, celery and 2 of the sliced spring onions and simmer on a moderate heat until the celery and choko is tender.
- Add in the chopped cooked chicken and boil for another 2 minutes
- Add in the rice noodles and reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes until the noodles are soft. Sprinkle through the remaining spring onions and serve.
You can swap choko for PEELED ZUCHINNI (moderate Salicylates) if suitable