For 4 people you will need
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil or canola (non gm)
- 1 large leek or 2 small leeks , trimmed, halved lengthways, washed, thinly sliced (white only)
- 500g chicken thighs quartered
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) home made chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon gf cornflour
- 3 teaspoons water
- 145g (1 cup) fresh CORN (G) or CANNED CORN (G)(S)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the leek and chicken, and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
Add the stock. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes.
Step 3Combine the cornflour and water in a small bowl. Stir into the chicken mixture. Cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens.Step 4Stir in the corn, parsley and cream.
Season with salt
Picture: by Sarah May 2016