This recipe is adapted from at recipe from Coles and can be viewed at Taste.com. Serves 4
- 4 cups home made chicken stock for Poaching (can steam chicken instead if you wish)
- 400g chicken breast fillets
- 2 cups each of red cabbage and green cabbage (4 cups in total
- 1 cup of grated carrot (S)
- 1 stick of celery cut into slices
- 1/4 cup suitable mayo dressing with garlic
- 1 cup of green beans
- optional can add 1/4 cup of fresh corn for liberal diet only (G)
If poaching Bring stock to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Add chicken. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand for 10 minutes. Remove chicken from stock. Thinly slice.
If steaming, bring water to boil, add chicken in steamer on top of water, reduce heat to simmer, and steam for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand for 10 minutes. Remove chicken from stock. Thinly slice
Blanch Green Beans
Meanwhile, place vegetables for coleslaw in a large bowl. Stir Mayo through coleslaw. Add chicken and beans. Toss to combine. Serve.