For a low salicylate variation, leave out carrot, add an extra can of white beans
- 2 tbsp of rice bran or canola oil
- 500 g boneless, skinless chicken thigh, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 2 leek finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots or 3 small carrots, diced
- 3 celery sticks sliced
- 3 cups of water and 3 cups of stock (can use all water if you wish, but you will need to add salt 1 tablespoon)
- 1 large can of Cannellini Beans rinsed
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the chicken, then fry until lightly browned. Add the veg, then fry for a few mins more. Stir in the water an stock. Bring to the boil. Stir well, reduce the heat, then cover and cook for 40 mins, until the chicken is tender.
- Stir the beans , then simmer for 5 mins.
- Season with salt
- Serve (optional garnish with parsley.