Carrot Cake Cupcake (S)
Moderate Salicylates – contains dairy and gluten
This recipe makes 12 cupcakes.
Ingredients for cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups of grated carrot (S)
- 1 cup of Plain Flour (or Gluten free flour)
- 1 teaspoon of bicarb
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder (GF if needed)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon (S)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup of oil
- 2 eggs beaten
For the icing you will need
- 100 grams of Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanila essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the grated carrots and the oil. Slowly add the flour mixture, stirring until just mixed.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir a few times (like 15 or less around the bowl – the fewer the better)!
- Grease a cup cake tin or use paper liners. Fill each to about 2/3 of way up with cake mixture
- Bake for 12 minutes. Add a few extra minutes if necessary
- For the icing, blend the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Ice cupcakes only once cooled.