- 125ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk
- 1/6 teaspoon Citric Acid
- 1 Garlic clove , crushed
- 8 (about 500g) chicken tenderloins
- 60g (1 cup) home made GF breadcrumbs or rice crumbs e.g. Casalare rice crumbs (can use standard if gluten allowed)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon suitable oil (non gm canola oil, rice bran)
Combine first 3 ingredients in a glass or ceramic dish. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
Combine breadcrumbs and parsley on a plate. Drain chicken pieces, 1 at a time, from marinade. Press into breadcrumb mixture to evenly coat. Transfer to a lined baking tray.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, in 2 batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.