For a main mix through suitable pasta, optional add some chicken.
Not the same as traditional pesto, but still delicious. Can be used as a dip or mixed through pasta (rice or legume pasta for gluten free).
- 400 g brussels sprouts, washed and chopped in half
- 1 cup of cashews
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 shallot/spring onion stems chopped
- 1 teaspoon iodised salt
- 1/2 teaspoon citric acid
- 1 and 1/2 cups of rice bran oil
- Cook brussels until just tender, set aside to cool
- Once cooled place brussels with other ingredient (except oil) into a food processor. Pulse until mixture is finely chopped
- Add oil until and blend until desired consistency
Brussel sprout pesto is one of the new recipes found in the latest addition of the RPAH Allergy Unit Friendly Food cookbook. Released August 2019.
It is similar recipe to the recipe created by Laura at Simply Failsafe in 2018. Laura’s recipe can be found at https://simplyfailsafe.com.au/recipes/sproutin-pesto/#more-444
Image: is from simplyfailsafe.com