This wheat free and dairy free pancake can be enjoyed for breakfast or dessert!
- 1 cup (250 mL) rolled oats (minor gluten)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe BANANA (Note 1)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) rice milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL)baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL)vanilla extract
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp (1.25 mL) ground CINNAMON optional (Note 2)
Preheat large fry pan over medium heat; brush with some of remaining oil. In batches, pour about 1/4 cup (60 mL) batter per pancake into skillet, spacing well apart; cook, turning once, for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Wipe skillet between batches and brush with more oil as needed.
Serve pancakes with suitable choice of toppings, if desired.
Note 1 – the riper the banana the more amines it will contain
Note 2 leave cinnamon out if on a strict low salicylate diet.