- 1/3 cup low salicylate oil (canola, rice bran, sunflower)
- 3 large white potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 leek, peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup rice milk (or milk if dairy suitable).
- Pinch of salt
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add 1/3 of the oil and cover pan with 1/3 of the potato slices, cooking for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until tender and golden. Transfer potato slices to a plate and set aside. Add half of the remaining oil to pan and cook the rest of the potato as above.
- Add remaining oil to pan, reduce heat to medium and cook leeks until softened (on low heat do not brown). Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Using an 18-20cm diameter ovenproof frying pan, layer 1/2 of the cooked potato slices in pan. Add half the leek mixture in a layer and arrange the asparagus spears in a single layer on top. Layer with remaining potato, and then remaining leek.
- Place eggs, milk and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine. Whisk to combine. Slowly pour egg mixture over potato, asparagus and leek in in pan, tilting pan to evenly distribute egg mixture.
- Cover and cook tortilla over a low-medium for 8-10 minutes, or until egg begins to set in centre. Remove from stove and cook under a medium to hot grill until cooked and golden, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 4-5 minutes.
Cut and serve in wedges with suitable side salad and optional pear chutney sauce