Contains dairy, gluten and moderate salicylates, for low salicylate leave out carrot and peel the pear before grating
For dairy free and gluten free, swap buttermilk dressing for tangy maple dressing. If doing a strict food intolerance diet, see notes for adaptions.
- 2 pears (300g),
- 1/4 teaspoon citric acid in 1 tablespoon of water
- 4 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup of finely shredded red cabbage.
- 1 medium CARROT (S) grated coarsely
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar (Contains minor gluten)
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar (or a little more for desired sweetness)
- Make buttermilk dressing. Place buttermilk, sour cream and malt vinegar in screw-top jar; shake well. Optional season with a little salt (for savoury) or add some brown sugar for a sweet dressing.
- Coarsely grate pear into large bowl; stir in lemon juice. Add remaining ingredients to bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Gently stir through dressing.