- 2 cups rolled oats (may contain minor gluten)
- 1/2 cup of puffed brown rice or puffed millet
- 1/3 cup of chopped raw cashews
- 2 tbsp rice bran oil or non gm canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pure maple syrup
- I tbs golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon CINNAMON (optional) (Note 1)
Heat oven to 150C.
Mix the oil, maple syrup, golden syrup and vanilla in a large bowl. Tip in all the remaining ingredients, and mix well.
Tip the granola onto two baking sheets and spread evenly. Bake for 12 mins, then remove from oven and stir, put back in the oven and bake for another 12 minutes
Note 1 a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per per serve is a very small amount and low in salicylates, but is only considered suitable for a moderate chemical diet and liberal chemical diet