- 1 tablespoon of rice brain oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves *
- 1 leek
- 2 litres home made chicken stock using suitable ingredients (see recipe here or use recipe for RPAH Allergy Unit Friendly Food Cookbook)
- Optional 1 medium carrot diced (ED Moderate – Salicylates)
- 2 cups of green cabbage sliced into strips
- 1½ cups shredded cooked chicken
- Pinch of Salt
- Heat oil
- Add leek, celery and garlic and cook for r three to four minutes.
- Add stock, and salt (and carrot if using). Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add cooked chicken and fresh cabbage. Simmer until chicken is heated and cabbage is softened (but not too soft)
- Season with salt
- Optional add chopped parsley (up to 2 tablespoons)
*For low fodmap, use garlic infused oil (home made for low salicylate)